Sunday, 23 November 2008

I’m behind schedule!

My studio is larger than my fellow artists, but with eighteen wet paintings of various stages of completion my studio is smaller than my wishes. So, I have been reduced to painting in the garden. Not that I mind this, after all it reminds me of my former garden projects. Of course the problems encountered with this type of work is not just the cold which bites deep into your inner core, but the wind presents major difficulties when trying to draw with the brush.

A further added complication of course is the rain, ‘It rainth, it rainth all the time’ to quote Garstin’s painting depicting Penzance promenade. I shouldn’t be surprised however, after all I’m reminded of the maxim, ‘Devon, where it rains eight days out of seven’. Thought the week appears to have lasted a year! With the weather and other distractions for a painter, I am officially behind schedule, to have Morris One completed by next Saturday; the works will need to be completed by Wednesday – only another three days and just enough drying time to enable the works to be transported.
This damp weather is not aiding the drying process even with three electric fires operating in the studio. I live in hope, but as ma informed me, my horoscope stated I will have difficulties in creating this week! This of course is something I already knew, what is even more spooky, one of my friends will be jealous – but which one? I will be interested to see what happens!

No comments: