Someone once asked me, “How or what do you feel with an exhibition approaching”? I thought about the question and honestly replied, “I don't know, I've never thought about it”. Later on I reflected upon the question, and came to the conclusion; a professional painter just gets on with it! It’s all about forward planning and time management.
That said, the looming Morris One exhibition is giving some restless nights. It is my considered opinion, I have sort of lost the plot. Not putting the blame on anything or anyone, 'shit happens'. I am under pressure to deliver. But it’s of my own fault for not making adequate provision for contingencies. But as a true trooper, the painter plods on in his solitary world.
The invites are now printed, the posters have been distributed. All that needs to be completed now are the paintings.
The invite design is quite chic, even if I congratulate myself. A number of friends and associated have also sung my praise with the advertising. I particularly pleased with the blue and green text, these represent the colours of the Plymouth Morris team.

I would also like to thank Paul Lloyd, a promising composer who came up with the phase “Licence to dance”. With Suzanne’s help this evolved into “Licenced to Morris”; and finally to Morris men John and Tim, who finally brought the phase together “The name is O., Geoff O., and I am licenced to Morris”.
That said, the looming Morris One exhibition is giving some restless nights. It is my considered opinion, I have sort of lost the plot. Not putting the blame on anything or anyone, 'shit happens'. I am under pressure to deliver. But it’s of my own fault for not making adequate provision for contingencies. But as a true trooper, the painter plods on in his solitary world.
The invites are now printed, the posters have been distributed. All that needs to be completed now are the paintings.
The invite design is quite chic, even if I congratulate myself. A number of friends and associated have also sung my praise with the advertising. I particularly pleased with the blue and green text, these represent the colours of the Plymouth Morris team.

I would also like to thank Paul Lloyd, a promising composer who came up with the phase “Licence to dance”. With Suzanne’s help this evolved into “Licenced to Morris”; and finally to Morris men John and Tim, who finally brought the phase together “The name is O., Geoff O., and I am licenced to Morris”.

No comments:
Post a Comment