Received three interesting emails this morning. The first was from the marine artist Gordon Frickers who is the first Plymouth Painter to be invited to exhibit at the European Parliament. There is an article in the members section of the British Marine Foundation.
Last week I went on a reconnaissance trip to Dartmoor with David Muddyman. He has produced a a few works of the day, two of which are exhibited on his blog. I left the following a comment:
These delightful paintings David bring a warm glow to my heart - unlike the weather that day which I found so sharp![1] Your vision of Widgery Cross [2] is apt; just like Fredrick John Widgery (1822 - 93) who in my opinion is a terrific watercolourist, you're able to keep your colours pure and not muddy. [3] I always found this difficult in watercolour. Perhaps I should change my name to Muddyman!:)DF
[1] OMG it was so bitter, but not as bad as in 1998 and the last time I was in this area of Dartmoor it snowed!
[2] F.J.W's father William who erected the cross to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887.
The last email was from Peter Archer. Haven't spoken to Peter for some time, and his email was a delight. He has informed me of an exhibition of Chris Deakin's work at Art Mill in Plymouth. I shall be away for the exhibition dates, but looking forward to seeing his work again soon.
[1] OMG it was so bitter, but not as bad as in 1998 and the last time I was in this area of Dartmoor it snowed!
[2] F.J.W's father William who erected the cross to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887.
[3] It has always been my deepest desire to keep my watercolours as pure as possible. If you over work watercolour, the colours become 'Muddy'.
The last email was from Peter Archer. Haven't spoken to Peter for some time, and his email was a delight. He has informed me of an exhibition of Chris Deakin's work at Art Mill in Plymouth. I shall be away for the exhibition dates, but looking forward to seeing his work again soon.

No comments:
Post a Comment