I have been having somewhat a difficult time at present. Whether it’s the creative process or just life I have been unable to fathom out. I try to be up beat, but life has a way that knocks one back – take a step forward and two steps back; that’s the way it seems to me! As an example, yesterday I split coffee over my laptop. Naturally, I am a little vexed with myself. But, there is a silver lining; the lap top appears to be working smoothly, and the data I have not backed-up for the last month has now been saved. As a non-computer person I am surprise how much I have come to depend upon my laptop, and found yesterdays events quite distressing. But today, putting things into perspective the world seems a better place.
Due to this event, I find myself questioning my very existence. I believe it’s the event of last night, I don’t think it’s the fact I’m 50 later this year (oh where have the years gone and why haven’t I achieved some of my artistic ambitions!). So I seem to be in a reflective mood this morning. I shall consider these thoughts while working on my two present projects: The concept of ?Fragmentation; and Oss, Oss wee Oss (OOWO), which explores the image of duality and a biographical reference that includes a reference to my new girlfriend F.S. Both projects I will explain in greater detail later as I develop the works. For now, its back to the studio for contemplation – my professor once said “painting is 90% looking and thing and 10% doing”.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment