Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Seeking peace of mind

I don’t know if other professional painters are so affected by their environment and state of mind as I am. To create and possibly develop not just as a painter but also as a male of the species, I need the right conditions; and for me these are: warmth, security, quietness and having the peace of mind to think. Needless to say, this Christmas and New Year have been the most stressful period in my life for years. I have to think way back to remember such a bad time. Of course this is not solely the Folley household; it’s generally accepted by a number of independent sociologists as a time when divorces, family break-ups and disharmony increase. Now I don’t know exactly who said this, nor do I know what empirical evidence they have to support my statement.
However, I do have practical experience within my own extended family which supports the statement. Now, how does this animosity affect my creativity? I’m becoming frustrated with the lack of work I am producing. I have already postponed Morris Two, to concentrate on Jojo Two.

I had hoped to show you some CCB’s (Compositional Colour Beginnings) which I have been working on for my next meeting with Jojo on the 12th January. But they are not at a stage where I feel confident to share them with a wider audience. In fact, I’m very unsure about them and wondering if I am biting off more than I can chew! While writing this, I am also looking at the ten worksheets I have produced so far. Before I go further I need to think about this a little longer.

No comments: