I have been in a funny mood over the last few days, but I was delighted to see my friend and colleague ‘Young’ Jojo for lunch on the 12th. It was his treat, so we arranged to meet at Cuisine Spontanaty, a moderately priced restaurant owned by one of my ex-tutors. Unfortunately, it was closed for redecoration, so we went to Platters. A fish restaurant where the food is not as good as the seats! Although as I wasn’t paying for the treat the food was delicious; have you ever noticed how food and alcohol tastes better if you don’t purchase it yourself, Why is that?
Our lunch meeting went well, and although there is no imediat plans for a major new collaboration Jojo was over the moon with Jojo Two. He received the ‘Love’ scene with enthusiasm so my fears regarding the CCB’s (compositional colour beginning’s) were unfounded. As a result I have sent them to the printer for scanning. I decided on scanning rather than just taking a digital photograph with my trusty Cannon for the following reason: Jojo has agreed to write his thoughts down with regard to the eleven scenes I have depicted. If this becomes reality it will give me great pleasure, even confidence; and that after all is a catalyst for greater things (just an update 18th Jan., I have sent Jojo's draft to the printers).
Our minds are wonderful, and confidence can be a substantial boost to self improvement and esteem. So as it’s green, here’s one of the images I have been dying to show you… Image catalogue number 7d8031, more images will be uploaded onto my website www.folley.eu next week.
The main purpose of this study is to ascertain where and how the shapes and colours interrelate with each other.
Another development I am working on is my first application to a public body for financing a project. If anyone has experiences of applying for an individual visual Arts Council grant I would like to hear their story.

No comments:
Post a Comment