Thursday, 25 December 2008

So this is Christmas Day

I haven’t written about my mother’s return home; believing I would be more objective reflecting upon Ma’s return after a few days. In doing so, I now realise Christmas morning has arrived without any good cheer! Ma, is attempting to dress herself, from the bathroom I hear her struggling (nothing broken yet) but cursing and swearing, “Damn this stroke!” Always independent, Ma’s a fighter; hopefully the nurse will arrive soon to assist her.

My younger brother Mark is preparing to visit friends today, so I’m left to cope with Ma. Illness in a family is funny, there is nearly always one who is left to sort it out, and it seems to be me! Going on his present efforts I can’t see him helping very much in the future either – but I don’t want to go there for the time being, it’s too depressing.

Without being too negative, I am looking forward to Boxing Day, tomorrow the Plymouth Morris Men are performing at the Morley Arms. I’m hoping to make a few studies of the audience. I am uncertain at the moment if I should use actual studies of the general public or employ models. As the project develops I will be able to resolve the issue. In the meantime I will just keep making notes.

So wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas and hope all those dreams and aspirations come true.

No comments: