Friday, 5 December 2008

Jojo One Hung

The Nine portraits for Jojo: Jojo One were hung today. They look super in a block. Many thanks to Gordon Frickers for this photograph.








Working on Jojo Two today, it’s the first rehearsal where the actors have been in costume. Robert gave me shivers… he had RL’s mannerisms; the way he flicked his hair (although not quite perfect, as my recollections of RL was - he constantly scratched his head!) The second mannerism I remember, was the way RL looked at you; his piecing stare with it's mischief fun loving twinkle which Robert projected so well in his interpretation.


I have been reflecting upon my recent exhibition of Morris One; the preformance by Plymouthth Morris Men provided a new dimension to the private view, which was different to the normal events I have organised in the past. The main difference on the night was the equal mix of supporters for the team and my work, with an injection of Bondies who had arrived to watch Quantum of Solace. I would estimate roughly 200 people came out, that windy night. My criticism of the night, I wish there was more time to send out press releases, and with regard to my work – I consider these paintings to be my most accomplished to date. They do need a little tweaking when the works return to the studio.


Visited one of my patron’s and good friend 'DP' this evening, delivered the drawings:




A larger image can be seen on http://www.folley.eu/


This week 'LoW' has started his course of radiotherapy in London, it's a poor reflection upon our local health authority to send such a sick person to ‘Old Smokey’ for treatment. The travelling will almost certainly take its toll. There must be a better way of providing treatment and care in the region which benefits the local populous.

Also ‘mon ami Christian’ had a pre-med yesterday, his cataracts have become worse, and now has to wait 4-6 weeks before treatment. I wish them both well.

No comments: