Yesterday one of my collectors informed me that he had put his collection up for sale at Plymouth Auction Rooms on November 18th. Yes I am excited about the prospect, but I am also concerned. With the former, it’s always a nice feeling seeing my old work; but with regard to the latter, my old work does make me occasionally cringe! I am of course not the only painter to feel like this, Turner was constantly purchasing his old works and repainting them.
Retouching my old sold work is not something I have considered before, upon reflection I believe I should that the same opinion as Goya – let each work have its own life; by which he meant, when the painting leaves the studio the painter has no more involvement with that work.
I await the outcome of the auction with interest and intrepidation.
The six images can be viewed on: www.folley.eu or www.plymouthauctions.co.uk

No comments:
Post a Comment