Sunday, 22 June 2008

Amber Day!

Its unfortunate the garage where I placed the car for its MOT are unable to repair the sills, so I have the inconvenience to find another body repairer. So unfortunately, most of my day has been spent trying to locate a garage able to do a good job for a reasonable price. I didn’t realize how difficult this would be. After obtaining four estimates ranging from £90 for each sill, which comprises of a welded block grinded down and painted with the same colour, to £290 for a complete replacement sill where they cut out and replace, weld and spray in same colour. A far better job, but difficult to be without my car for four days. I have opted for the £90 job and booked the car in for two days next week.
There is one bit of good news
I have managed to get my laptop to recognize the new broadband, after four hours I’m now up and running. If only they would make things simpler – plug and play! I am a little disappointed with Virgin, and it would not have been my first choice, but it was my only alternative to BT. It appears I am located just outside the limit for faster broadband; the old copper cables of BT are unable to go as fast as the new fiber optic cables.

No comments: